“Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded.” These prophetic words were spoken by none other than the Father of the Constitution, James Madison. America’s fourth President had the wisdom to see beyond the litany of challenges facing our founders and innately understood how the power of fear could be weaponized against future generations to erode the very freedoms they had fought so hard to obtain. Madison was fully aware of the primal human need for safety, and that perceived threats to this safety could be used one day to justify attacks on our fundamental liberties.
I think there was a collective naïveté in America when the Patriot Act was first introduced. Most of us still held on to some amount of trust in our government. Also, we didn’t have near the amount of surveillance technology that we do today, and assumed that if you didn’t break the law, you had absolutely no reason to worry about being surveyed. Boy, we’re we ever wrong! Another honest and timely post, Tulsi. Mahalo nui.
Another home run. Style and clarity together. It becomes clearer every day that your comprehension of the constitution is on a par with Ron and Rand Paul, and even the Founders themselves.
Your maturity has allowed you to see through the deception which is the Democrat Party, and your decision to break with them is very welcome. This is truly a battle for the nation's soul and way of life, and for the Constitution itself.
If it were not beneath you in terms of style, I'd expect to see a "Make Orwell Fiction Again" Teeshirt on you some time soon!
I am looking forward to this discussion between you and Ron, Tulsi. As you may recall from my comment on your introductory article, you were one of only five politicians with integrity I could name. Ron was on that list, too.
In 1798, after the passage of the Sedition Act (the PATRIOT Act of its time), Thomas Jefferson stated:
“A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolved, and the people recovering their true sight, restoring their government to its true principles. It is true, that in the meantime, we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war, and long oppressions of enormous public debt.”
I do believe we are seeing the spells finally beginning to dissolve 🙌
Thank you Tulsi, for being a light in the darkness. Continue to expose their hypocrisy.
An EXTRAORDINARY good news !!
The Consortium Imposing the Growing Censorship Regime -- and Our New Live, Prime-Time Rumble Program – Glenn Greenwald - Oct. 28, 2022
We are launching a new live, one-hour, prime-time news broadcast. Armed with cable-sized budgets, it will be part of a network that Russell Brand has already debuted.
Thank you --- GG tweets – extracted ~Oct. 28 period https://twitter.com/ggreenwald
• The regime of censorship being imposed on the internet – by a consortium of DC Dems, billionaire-funded "disinformation experts," the US Security State, and liberal employees of media corporations – is dangerously intensifying in ways I believe are not adequately understood.
• The people who work for the newspaper owned by Jeff Bezos and who write for the magazine controlled and funded by Laurene Powell Jobs (widow of Steve Jobs – she was a big ($6M+) donor to Hillary) are very worried this morning about the unprecedented crisis we face of billionaires buying and controlling the flow of news and information.
• The greatest damage in the West right now is being caused by self-anointed experts claiming to "combat disinformation," and NGOs funded by billionaires and the US/UK Security State dedicated to "anti-disinformation campaigns": @AtlanticCouncil, @DFRLab, @ISDglobal, @OCCRP, etc.
• That absurd spectacle of Dept. of Homeland Security appointing that deranged #Resistance fanatic (Nina Jankowicz) as Disinformation Czar was just one piece of this censorship regime uniting state and corporate power, funded by oligarchs, to shield propaganda from dissent: (Facebook, Tweeter, YouTube) -- Biden’s “Minster of Truth” Nina Jankowicz Participated in Secret NATO-Funded Cabal to Subvert Western Democracies Using Disinformation as Cover - https://www.revolver.news/2022/05/biden-minster-of-truth-nina-jankowicz-and-the-secret-nato-funded-cabal-to-subvert-western-democracies-using-disinformation-as-cover/
• And it wouldn't be possible without the vulgar use of corporate employees they call "reporters" whose only function is to troll the internet looking for establishment critics to silence: @oneunderscore__, @BrandyZadrozny, @TaylorLorenz, @RMac18, @MikeIsaac: censorship activists.
• Liberals spent decades suggesting (correctly as it turns out) that Reagan suffered various forms of senility, including onset of Alzheimer's, in his second term, but now they're trying to invent a new rule that it's bigoted against disabled people to discuss cognitive impairment
• Meanwhile, the cable show that has **the largest audience of younger Democrats** -- meaning self-identified Democrats between the ages of 24-54 -- is . . . the Tucker Carlson Tonight/Show, appearing 8 pm ET on Fox News
• Joe Biden often has no idea where he is, is often unable to string together two coherent sentences, and has started to fall asleep in the middle of interviews.
Why are you so bigoted against people “who struggle with a stutter”?
• Bernie Sanders condemns the House Progressives' original letter on Ukraine, says they were right to apologize for it and then retract it because it should never been issued at all, proceeds to recite Marco Rubio and Tom Cotton's views on Ukraine
• One of the signers of the now disgraced letter (that appallingly wondered if diplomacy might be a useful tool) -- @RepRaskin -- is commendably engaged in all sorts of self-abasement.
He's denouncing diplomacy advocates as -- transphobic colonialists
Devotee of civil liberties here and a major Tulsi fan. What I am trying to navigate is this....is when she references civil liberties, is it for everyone? I hear advocacy and equity for the working class. That is a good one. I hear advocacy for sustaining a string middle class. Good one. I hear less government. Good one. Reduce war. Good one. Have never been a democrat. More independent. Can someone here clarify? Is she advocating civil liberty, justice and support of all citizens? Or, is she tending to the concept of certain types of citizens. After all she is a female, person of color, into an alternative religion and opposed to the corporate industrial complex. I am confused my friends. What are your thoughts?
Wait, our civil liberties are under attack?
You’re just noticing this? Really?
What it takes to restore our freedom...
Well; lets start what happened to freedom : we sold it.
To our government.
Government is not unreasonably feeling hurt that we are turning on them after all the money they gave us?
Explain to this veteran why it wouldn’t be sold again.
It certainly would.
As to the rest of them; Freedom’s fine as long as it’s Free.
If it costs, no.
Let them get it, I did my bit, you did yours.
...Having watched the shenanigans emanating from the House (via CSPAN-I) and the Senate via CSPAN-II) for over 30 years, it becomes crystal clear that the vast MAJORITY of members of the House and Senate have NEVER EVEN READ ANY of the (7) Articles, nor (24) sections - including the (27) Amendments - they all SWEAR to UPHOLD!
One thing you can do to help EXPOSE those in and outside of the US federal government - members of the so-called "NGO" YOU were once a member of - explicitly- the one-world-order zealots within the Council on Foreign Relations who (collectively) are step-by-step destroying the US as a sovereign country - including We (the formerly) sovereign Americans into a totalitarian HELL of (global) "unification" - (to be) ruled by Un elected and Un accountable (LIFETIME) nomenklatura and apparatchik INTERNATIONAL bureaucrats - who WILL RATION (global) food, energy and ALL aspects of 'life' on earth in the name of: SUSTAINABILITY, SOCIAL JUSTICE, EQUITY and ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE into perpetuity - UNLESS a MIRACLE happens that the great mass of human beings JUST SAY NO! ENOUGH of the damn "PLANNERS" - planners who produce NOTHING of value and are mere CONSUMERS of WHAT OTHER PEOPLE PRODUCE.
another tool of the elite state -- "investigate until you `find` evidence of a crime" ... completely morally corrupt ... investigation on "suspicion" should never be allowed. our police (and FBI, etc) dollars should not support investigators who do not have bona fide evidence of a crime to follow bak to its source.
Great message! It is always good to listen to what Ron Paul has to say. Thanks.
“Paper money polluted the equity of our laws, turned them into engines of oppression, corrupted the justice of our public administration, destroyed the fortunes of thousands who had confidence in ti, enervated the trade, husbandry, and manufactures of our country, and went far to destroy the morality of our people.” — Peletiah Webster, 1789
End the Chaos… End the Elastic Standard System… End The FED
Good points. However, I would disagree with the notion of a "right to privacy".
There is no such thing as a "right to privacy" in the Fourth Amendment. This right is an [un]enumerated* right that was read into the Constitution when the Supreme Court decided Griswold v. Connecticut in 1965. I used to agree with this assessment, but I have now come to believe that a "right to privacy" is simply a legal fiction. Human beings are social animals, and, as such, there really isn't anything that we do that can be considered 100% "private" (secluded, excluded, separate, segregated, etc.) from public life.
*Upon re-reading this a day later, I realized that I switched the definitions of an unenumerated and an enumerated right.
Democracy voted for the free cheese and with guilty mind.
The Demos knew.
Now Democracy is trapped and must knaw off limbs to survive.
No escape, no survival.
The Demos -people- will want to live, so we’ll see who’s bitten off and who has teeth.
Who’s squeak and who’s Bite.
bow hunting.....got muh tags
That was a fantastic article! It is refreshing to know that people like you and the Paul’s place the country before themselves, or their respective parties. I am hoping that you someday put your skills to work as POTUS, and help to bring back freedoms to the people of this great nation.